Advanced Medical Certification

Shopping Cart

No products in the cart.

View All Courses

Without a Pulse for 68 Minutes

Without a Pulse for 68 Minutes

Photo of Greta

by Greta Kviklyte

Life Saver, AMC
Co-authored by Kim Murray, RN, M.S.

posted on May 17, 2015, at 9:53 pm


SURVIVING 68 MINUTES WITHOUT A PULSE IS RARE, but surviving without any brain damage is almost unheard of.

As a paramedic, Wayne Schneider is entirely aware of how fortunate he is to not only be alive, but to be fully functioning. With nearly 300,000 out-of-hospital cardiac arrests in the United States alone every year, roughly 92% die, leaving a majority of the surviving 8% with some sort of permanent brain damage.

Luckily for Wayne, his heart attack occurred while in the company of his paramedic partner of 22 years, Greg Booth. As a result, proper steps were taken, which allowed Wayne to receive high-quality CPR.

brainFortunately, Booth had nearby access to an Impedance Threshold Device, a device that improves blood flow to the vital organs.

Schneider knows how lucky he is to be alive today, and wants his story used as an example for the need to change the standard of cardiac arrest response.

“I know the odds of cardiac arrest, and statistically speaking, I should not be here today. I got a second chance, and I am living proof that with high-quality CPR and innovations, cardiac arrest is not a death sentence. I want my story to help change the paradigm of cardiac arrest response. Don’t give up – we can save lives we never thought we could save before.”

Proper training and techniques necessary for performing Basic Life Support can be learned through simply taking the fundamental life saving sources available on this website. By working together, we can help you save the lives of others.

About Greta

Greta is a dedicated life saver and a distinguished expert in the field of medical content creation and editing. Her impressive array of certifications in ACLS, CPR, PALS, and BLS underscores her commitment to excellence in the medical field. With over four years of invaluable experience in medical education, Greta plays an indispensable role within the Advanced Medical Certification team, shaping the way healthcare professionals around the world acquire and apply vital knowledge.

Greta's profound expertise serves as the driving force behind the development and distribution of medical content that has significantly enhanced the capabilities of countless healthcare practitioners across the globe.

In addition to her medical qualifications, Greta holds a prestigious academic distinction in Marketing and Global Business from Vilnius University. Her academic journey has been enriched by immersive studies in Slovakia and Portugal during her time as an exchange student, providing her with a global perspective that complements her medical expertise.

Beyond her professional commitments, Greta possesses a genuine passion for global exploration, with a particular focus on immersing herself in diverse cultures and appreciating the intricacies of the natural world. While residing in Vilnius, Lithuania, she continues to make substantial contributions to the field of medical education, leaving an indelible mark on the sector.

Reach out to Greta at


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *